Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery also known as SILS is an advance technique master only by a few laparoscopic surgeons this technique can be use on some general surgery procedure and some bariatric procedure especially gastric sleeve surgery. Gastric sleeve SILS is a procedure for patients really concern on the aesthetic aspect. The especial equipment is place on the umbilicus living non scar on the abdomen, the drain is place apart on the size of the abdominal.
This surgery takes about 1.30min on the operation room, 30 min to 1hr on the recovery room. After 4hrs the patient is able to walk, recovery is very fast one of the advantages of laparoscopic surgery. All medication like antibiotics, ant nausea, and analgesics are administrate intravenous, a Jackson Pratt drain is left for patient security which is taking out on the third day of hospitalization. The surgery requires 3 days of hospital. All our patients get a private room with Tv, Air-conditioned, Restroom, and a sofa where a companion can stay overnight.
Advantage of the SILS Gastric Sleeve
- Less Recovery Time – a patient will experience a very fast recovery over the 3 days of hospitalization a patient usually can go back to work after a week of the surgery.
- Reduces Postoperative pain – the patient will experience less incisions with less pain, and faster recovery.
- Weight Loss Success – a Rapid weight loss, depending on the stating weight usually experiencing from 15 to 30 pounds the first month loosing up to 75% of the excess weight in 6 to 8 months.
- Less hunger – This surgery removes the area of production of ghrelin which is responsible of hunger. When people do this surgery always mention we eat because you tell us to eat not because we are hungry anymore.
- Regulates sugar levels – It is ideal for people with metabolic diseases related to overweight such as diabetes, and hypertension method.
*This procedure is not recommended on GERG or Reflux